In honor of Better Sleep Month, check out everything we learned during Sleep Awareness Week 2017!
Here's a quick recap:
- Giraffes only sleep for about 20 minutes every day.
- Desert snails can sleep for years at a time.
- Try lowering your body temperature. Studies have found that the optimal temperature range of 65 - 68 degrees can help increase your quality of REM sleep.
- Everyone should be getting between 7 and 9 hours of sleep every night.
- From the Neolithic Period to the Roman Empire, mattresses were stuffed with grass, leaves and straw.
- Our periods of rest got longer during the Industrial Revolution with the proliferation of artificial light and people no longer going to bed right after sunset.